Church Planting Opportunities
EFCA START Great Lakes believes that our burden for a new church comes from God himself. The Holy Spirit lays this burden on our hearts in one of three places:
- The heart of a church planter and his wife if he is married.
- The collective heart of a church to become a mother church.
- The hearts of individuals to start a new church in this community.
For church planters that have a burden to plant a church, we explore opportunities to create partnerships with existing EFCA churches that might have affinity for the church planter. EFCA START Great Lakes work with churches and church planters to start new churches in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and western Ohio.
These are churches looking for a Lead Church Planter:
- Evangelical Free Church of Mt. Morris is looking for a church planter to plant a new church in Sterling, Illinois. Click here for more information.
- The Great Lakes District is looking for a church planter to plant a church in Schiller Park, Illinois. Contact Brett Gleason at 847-840-6686 if interested.
Current Internship and Residency Opportunities to be equipped and deployed for church planting in the EFCA's Great Lakes District:
- Residency at LifeSpring Community Church. Be equipped and sent out to plant a new church by Church Planting Pastor Cabot Ashwill. Cabot received the EFCA's Church Planter of the Year award in April 2011.
- Internship at Scarlet City Church. Multiplication and investing in future leaders are a part of the Scarlet City Church DNA. If you align with the vision of Scarlet City Church and would like the opportunity to learn, grow, and lead, then joining our staff as an intern may be right for you. Each intern will be personally mentored and will have a role crafted specifically for them.
- Internship at CrossPoint Church. Be part of a new, vibrant multi-ethnic church plant for a full time intership. Click here for a description of the internship experience.
- Church Planting Residency for 21 months with the Orchard Network. The Orchard Networks exists to grow Gospel Leaders and Churches by recruiting, equipping, and deploying next generation pastors, church planters, and missionaries. The resident is paid a stipend and raises some personal support. Contact Brett Gleason or Arthur Kok for more information.
- Church Planting Residency with Reach Northwest Suburbs - an EFCA church multiplication network comprised of the following churches: Village Church of Barrington, Our Savior, LifeSpring Community Church, and the Bridge. The resident is paid a stipend but may need to raise some additional funding. Contact Brett Gleason for more information.
- Church Planting Residency with Restore Church in Detroit, Michigan. Join Mike Hanafee to learn how to plant a church in the urban core using missional communities and Sunday morning gatherings. For qualified candidates, there is an opportunity to receive a stipend. Contact Mike Hanafee by e-mail if you are interested in learning more about this opportunity.